So this was my first gluten free weekend, Saturday I woke up and had some fruit, went to the farmer's market and had a banana. For lunch I had coleslaw and arepas with cheese and avocado. Dinner included some creamy gouda cheese with crackers as a snack, stuffed mushrooms which were incredibly delicious and some endives with vegan butter. YUM. (recipe for the stuffed mushrooms is listed on my page)
Sunday I woke up and made breakfast for my boyfriend and his family, made them yummy moist ricotta pancakes (best recipe ever!) and eggs. Since I'm gluten free right now and I don't have a lot of flours and haven't experimented with them I just had eggs and two gluten free waffles I bought at the store. It was delicious, tasted like any other homemade waffle. For lunch we had left over arepas with cheese and well I'm slightly addicted to coleslaw so that was definitely snuck in on the side as well, though traditionally they don't go together. But I've been on a coleslaw kick so I've been sneaking it in whenever I can. For dinner we had gluten free pizzas, which for a pizza crust lover was nothing to write about. But one thing it made me realize is how much I'm loving my fresh veggies.
No comments:
Post a Comment