Tuesday, February 16, 2010

February 16th 2009- laziness+hunger=pizza

As you can see by the title of today's blog, laziness, and hunger got the best of me. The fact that our local pizzeria has $6.99 Large pizzas on Mondays and Tuesdays made it fairly easy to lean towards pizza though...so in all fairness I wasn't 100% lazy. But today was one of those Tuesday's that dragged on and even though I had mushroom soup and a salad for lunch, I was unbelievably hungry by the time work was over.

I very much enjoyed my cheese pizza, boyfriend was happy to be eating it as well, and I can't say my roommate complained as he ate his pepperoni pizza either. Sometimes pizza just hits the spot....and can you blame me for wanting pizza after yesterday's meal didn't come out as I was hoping it would?

But to make up for my lack of cooking, I baked two things instead.

The first is a longtime chocolate oatmeal balls covered in coconut recipe (recipe can be found on the chocolate oatmeal balls in coconut page), the second was another recipe from the Kind Life book for Peach Crumble. And I'll have to say that it might not look as pretty as it did in the book, but it did have a hearty yummy taste to it. It wasn't too sweet, and felt like it wasn't clogging up your arteries as you ate it.

**I just wanted to add that I ate some of the peach crumble the day after, cold from the fridge and OHMYGOSH, it tastes amazing the next day. Also, I had a coworker try it who is always brutally honest and she gave it the two thumbs up. It was boyfriend approved as well..!!**

No comments: